Thursday, May 21, 2009

Now playing Big Time by Peter Gabriel

So, I've been re-reading "Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung" which is a collection of album reviews and stories about rock and roll. It's just so great and so smartly written. The guy makes no bones about the fact that he wrote on drugs, and it reads like that, but in a very intelligent way.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman played him briefly in 'Almost Famous'. He told a young William Miller, "You know I used to take speed,...a little cough syrup, and just stay up all night writing, just to fucking write."

Thats how it reads too.

I highly recommend it. (Barnes and Noble usually has a copy laying around.) GO GET IT! I suggest starting with the story of The Clash, then move on to the re-telling of the song Maggie May. Both are side splitting.

Tomorrows a BIG day for the game. I can't say too much because I don't want to jinx it, but all will be explained next entry. I swear. Just send me some extra good vibes and luck!

THE WINNERS TONIGHT WERE:

1ST PLACE- WE LOVE PIZZA-500 PTS (Way to go guys, your first win!)

2ND PLACE- TWO MAN ARMY OF DARKNESS

3RD PLACE- THE STUFF (Alex Tween of The Forms, my favorite band, and Jen Carlson of Gothamist.com, my favorite local news blog)

Here's a clip of a very underrated band from the 80's that is dear to my heart performing a kick ass hit of theirs live.

No comments: