Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We go solo, dance flo's and talk shows, hot sex in back rows, you know..

Last night I hosted all on my own. First time in awhile and I gotta say it was pretty fun. Not that I don't enjoy Conrads game or anything but it was a nice change of pace. Sorry about being so precious about repeating questions but it does get a bit taxing and you want to make sure everyones paying attention. Drunk people tend to wander, me included.

We also previewed some tracks ('Pioneer To The Falls' and 'Heinrich Manuever') from a certain black-clad, Brooklyn band who has a new album coing out to, suprisingly, a lukewarm response. But you know, I like 'em and it's only neo-punk rock and roll. I actually think Paul Banks sounds quite well on the new offering 'Our Love To Admire'. I dare say I would have been much more impressed with this record as a debut album. But thats just me. I do wish Carlos would stop dressing as close to a Nazi as he can get away with. Tsk, tsk.

I got heckled for having questions that were too hard again last night. I keep tellin' you people, it's not called rock common knowledge, it's called rock TRIVIA. If you don't know all the answers then I'm doing my job correctly.

Last nights winners were:

1ST ROUND: TIE: PIANO'S PALS AND THE UNHOLY TRINITY WITH UNHOLY TAKING THE DRINKS.

2ND ROUND: THE CHERRY FLOVORED SCHMOO'S

3RD ROUND: THE UNHOLY TRINITY

Well done guys.

Last nights playlist was:
2 Minutes to Midnight-Iron Maiden
Gonna Never Have To Die-Guided By Voices
Tell It Like It Is-Graham Coxon
Pump Up The Volume-Art Brut
Pioneer To The Falls-Interpol
The King Is Half-Undressed- Jellyfish
Any Way You Want It-Journey
Over My Head-King's X
Houses Of The Holy-Led Zeppelin
Big Tall Man-Liz Phair
Traces-Lydia Brownfield
Words-The Monkees
Suddenly Last Summer-The Motels
What A Bore-Muzzle
The Heinrich Maneuver-Interpol
(When You Wake) You're Still in a Dream-My Bloody Valentine
Give 'Em Hell, Kid-My Chemical Romance
Hey Ya-Outkast
Canary in a Coal Mine-The Police
Housequake-Prince
Texarkana -R.E.M.
Carbon Paper-Raising The Fawn
Disarm-Smashing Pumpkins
Another Nail in My Heart- Squeeze
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart-Stone Temple Pilots
Black Swan-Thom Yorke
Shot In The Arm-Wilco

There were some pics taken last night, if I get 'em I'll post 'em later.

Neil Armstrong: "I was walking on the moon one day, in the very merry month of July..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.