Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Kareoke killed Def Leppard

If you weren't at SmartAss last night, you missed the Karoke kids butcher 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'.

Believe me when I tell you, it was a worthwhile stay at KKTC last night.

I like Def Leppard just fine. Lots of people are somehow above Def Leppard. Never understood why people take offense to a well crafted pop song. Hmm,.. When I was a kid, they made some tasty pop songs and were slightly less dangerous than the Iron Maiden I was about to emerse myself in, and somehow slightly more dangerous than the Van Halen I'd been wallowing in since 1984. What with the swords and other standard metal trappings.

But for a short time, I too wondered what "Guter Gleeben, Glauten, Globen" meant. Apparently, it means nothing. Which pretty much sums up thier careers at this point. Pour guys,..

THE WINNERS FROM LAST MIGHT:

ROUND 1:
THE GOON SQUAD

ROUND 2:
THE GOON SQUAD (ONE GUY, SAT BY HIMSELF, ATE A BURGER, RULED AT TRIVIA AND LEFT. COMPLETE BADASS).




ROUND 3:
THE UNHOLY TRINITY


Today June 16th 2007, is the tenth anniversary of the release of Radioheads "OK COMPUTER".



Adam: "Maybe you should slow down."
Me: "Yeah.."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Btw, your shock at Neal Schon being at Woodstock was right.He wasnt there he was in Santana after Woodstock.

Smartass said...

Thats what I thought.