Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Smiths, etc..

Ok, so about two years ago I started liking The Smiths. Before, I hated them, really didn't get it. I thought they were ok songwriters, with and average singer with his whole "am I gay, am I not, I look like an Irish Elvis" schtick,...personally I thought it was bullshit. BUT, I have seen the light and finally, 20 years later "got it". Shoplifters of the World, Sheila Takes a Bow, etc,..BRILLIANT! Yay for fucking me, right? I'm a moron, right? No, THIS guy is a moron. This guy is the OTHER side of that whole thing. Here is a factoid, that was posed as a question last night.

In 1987, some guy held up a radio station in Denver, CO for 5 HOURS and demanded they play nothing but The Smiths, and at gunpoint, they did it.

Now, that guys' a moron. I love Iron Maiden, but I wouldn't even do THAT! Well, thats also because I'm sane,...a little.

Here's last nights winners:

1st round- (technical win- Pianos staff), drink winners- Unholy Schmoo's

2nd round- Team Tallahassee

3rd round- Unholy Schmoo's

Show hype of the week: Well, The National are supporting The Arcade Fire on their tour of the US this and last week, THE FUCKING ARCADE FIRE!! Sadly, it's sold out and you can't go if you haven't already gotten tickets.

Thats awesome and I'm very proud of the boys. But otherwise, in Un-sold out news:

SAT 5/12
THE CHANGES + TAKKA TAKKA + THE END OF THE WORLD at UNION HALL

(the night before, Elk City are playing at Union Hall, make it a two nighter!)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments: