Thursday, April 2, 2009

3rd week and going strong!

Hey all! Tonight wasn't that well attended but was totally fun! Its great sometimes when just a few people, but the right people, show up and compete. I feel more comfortable throwing in jokes and letting, what little, hair I have, down. The bouncer outside of Fontana's tonight pulled me aside (not a small caucasian man, which had me clearly a lil' nervous) and told me a had great radio voice and that I was great at what I did. This made me proud and took me aback. I used to be sorta conceited about my songwriting ability, but I've had much more recognition for my trivia hosting abilities. As Vonnegut said, "So it goes."

That always makes me feel good. To be good at anything, and get props for it, is a strange thing. You don't notice it, others do.

So, next week, after trivia, I am going to Joe's Pub to see Bob Mould. Who kicks ass! I am also reading Jim Walsh's Replacements bio "All Over But The Shouting". So far, into chapter one, but if you are as big a 'Mats fan as I am, you should jet on over to Barnes and Noble and pick that thing up. If you are cool enough to get the 'Mats that is. Minneapolis is a place I should visit at some point,...in the SUMMER! If you know me, you know I am a huge Prince fan too, and this only makes it more tempting. However, it would be a let down to go and not see Paisley Park in it's entirety.....Aaaaand, I'm babbling.

WINNERS tonight:

Jasper (Fontana's head honcho and my saving grace) TECHNICALLY won with a staggering 320 points. But since he works there, no bar tab for him.

1st: Carstens is Cheating-250 pts

2nd: These Aren't The Droids You're Looking For (awesome name)-220 pts

3: To Hell With Poverty-190pts

Prizes BTW are a $30 bar tab for 1st place, $20 for second, and $10 for third. Which doesn't seem like much, but considering we feed you FREE pizza and you get to hang with Brendan, the nicest bartender I've ever worked with (who will help you out with answers if he likes you), you could do a lot worse on Thursdays 7-9.

Get there next Thursday!

Here's The Plasmatics for no real discernible reason other than they kicks ass.

No comments: