Friday, June 12, 2009

Dude,...I have NO idea whats going on..

So, heresa deal, the score sheet for this weeks game is still in the office of Fontana's, (along with my tools for trivia because I had to dash out for the Fleetwood Mac show at MSG and they wouldn't have let me in that musical keep with anything remotely resembling recording equipment) therefore, in my drunken state I cannot remember the winners this week. I'll post 'em later.

Not that YOU care. I'd be shocked and amazed if anyone even read this blog, so instead, here is a brief review of said show, a funny pic of Phil Spectors hair and some funny commentaries.

THE REVIEW:

I got to the show late. I heard what I thought was piped in elevator music on the way in, (only because at this point The Mac IS elevator music as far as any of these brainless wonders who are our rock fans.)

It sounded like elevator music only because they sound SO perfect live. Walked right into a flawless mini-acoustic set by Buckingham and Nicks of "Landslide" and "Never Going Back Again", which was VERY dramatically performed by the Lynds'.

I WILL say though, his solo performances were the best and mostly emotional.

Great, but he never let you forget that he was the (most likley) highest paid member of that band at this time. OR not. Either way, he was more of an actor than musican thoughout the whole show. Stevie was,..well, Stevie, shawls, shadows, etc. I love me some Stevie, don't get me wrong, but after a second round at MSG on this "Hits" tour, you could tell they were just there for the paycheck. They even covered 'Stand Back' to the delight of the 500 Stevies who were there. The crowd was mostly 45+. Raised on an apathetic diet of 70's AOR, and maybe the last chance they would have gotten to see this band again.

All in all, seeing this band for the first, and I suspect the last time, I give them an 8 outta 10. That's saying something for a band of that stature.

Ok, here's a little funny:


Nice,...

No comments: